In this episode:
In this episode, Michelle shares the power of focusing on others rather than ourselves. As Christians, we are called to lead a life of love, compassion, and selflessness. However, it can be easy to forget the needs of those around us and become consumed with our own lives. Michelle shares personal challenges and practical ways to shift our focus, such as taking a genuine interest in someone's day, actively listening, and lending a helping hand. Focusing on others opens our hearts and leads to deeper relationships. Michelle also gives tips on cultivating gratitude, seeking opportunities to volunteer, and surrounding ourselves with like-minded individuals.
(Article contains affiliate links. This means that when you click a link and make a purchase, I might receive a small commission from that purchase.)
In today's world, it can be easy to get caught up in our own lives and forget about the needs of those around us. However, focusing on others is not only important, but it can also bring immeasurable rewards.
Michelle believes focusing on others is an essential component of living a fulfilling and meaningful life. It's a lifelong pursuit that brings enormous rewards. She offers practical tips on how to cultivate an attitude of gratitude, seek opportunities to volunteer, and surround ourselves with like-minded individuals. She also shares how taking a genuine interest in someone's day, actively listening, and lending a helping hand can deepen our relationships with those around us.
In a world that often values individualism and self-centeredness, it's crucial to renew ourselves by focusing on others.
Focusing on others helps us to become better versions of ourselves. It brings purpose, fulfillment, and joy to our lives. It's a win-win situation that enriches our lives and the lives of those around us.
- "Focusing on others opens our hearts and leads to deeper relationships."
- "Focusing more on others is a lifelong pursuit, and it brings immeasurable rewards."
- "Living a life of love, compassion, and selflessness is the calling of every Christian."
- "Cultivating gratitude and seeking out opportunities to volunteer can shift our focus from ourselves to others."
- "Surrounding ourselves with like-minded individuals can support us on our journey towards a more selfless life."
- Subscribe to Michelle's email list at michellerayburn.com to receive practical resources and devotionals.
- Check out Michelle's new Bible study, Renewed, and download a free sample chapter at Remade Series.
- Share episodes with friends and family to spread the message of hope in the trashy stuff of life.
Books and Articles:
Fulfilled by Alexandra McKillop.
What Happens Next by Christina Suzann Nelson
1440 – Unbiased news source
A free worksheet related to this episode went out to Michelle's mailing list. If you missed it, past worksheets are available forever to Patreon monthly subscribers at patreon.com/LifeRepurposed. You can get a 7-day trial membership to see what resources are in the growing library there.
(Please note: many books posted here on my blog are purely because I want to share them. Sometimes I receive free copies for review, and other times I purchase the books. Some I get from the library. Either way, any endorsement I offer here on the blog is simply because I want to talk about the book.)
Content copyright MichelleRayburn.com
This post contains affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, if you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission. I sell my books via Amazon but I’m also a part of their “Associates” (i.e. affiliate) program which pays a commission on books and any other Amazon products people purchase via my links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.