Guests on the Life, Repurposed podcast are mostly by invitation or through a referral from a mutual connection. Unsolicited pitches for guess appearances need to demonstrate an understanding of the show's format and target audience. Books recommended on the show are vetted carefully via reviews.
My ideal listener is a 35- to 40-year-old overwhelmed woman who has a few minutes on her lunch break, in the car waiting for kids after school, or right after she puts kids to bed. She doesn’t have time for an hour-long show but wants nuggets to inspire her to live her best life and longs to know if God sees her struggle. She has goals and dreams, but sees more barriers than breakthroughs in her path. She may feel disqualified by something that is part of her story, but I want to help her find hope in the brokenness. She relates to a conversational style with a come-alongside approach.
The inspiration for the podcast is my book, The Repurposed and Upcycled Life: When God Turns Trash to Treasure. For a long time, I was a blogger on trash to treasure projects and repurposing. I realized there was a metaphor for life there, and now my goal is to help women find hope in the trashy stuff of life while also giving some fun and practical tips. It’s about turning around tough circumstances, experiencing victory, and finding joy as we reach forward to accomplish goals and live life to the fullest.
Next Steps for Booked Guest Appearances
Thank you for your interest in being a guest on Life, Repurposed! Now that you've booked your appearance on Calendly, here are some helpful resources.
Steps to success for your appearance (and a few tools to download):
- Become familiar with a couple of episodes of Life, Repurposed, and check out the sample episodes in the sidebar on this page.
- Sign a Podcast Guest Release Form and email it to Michelle.
- Send Michelle a headshot to use for promotional purposes.
- Read and review the Podcast Guest Appearance Information all about the show, and with tips for your appearance.
- Check your email for reminders from Calendly, plus a link for our Zoom call.